RED tested the following lenses and confirmed the functionality for use with the camera:
|RF LENSES||EF LENSES|
|Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 L IS USM1||Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM|
|Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8 L IS USM2||Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM|
|Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM3||Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM|
|Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM4||Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM|
|Canon RF 28-70mm f/2 L USM||Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM|
|Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM||Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM|
|Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM||Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM|
|Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM||Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM|
|Canon RF 85mm f/1.2 L USM DS||Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM|
|Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5 -7.1 L IS USM5||Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8L IS III USM|
|Canon RF 800mm f/11 IS STM6|
LENS WEIGHT AND LENS SUPPORT
Use a lens support system when mounting heavy or long lenses to your camera.
When mounting a heavy or long lens, ensure that the full weight of the lens is never directly on the camera or lens mount. Mount the lens to the support system first, and then carefully mount the lens to the camera.
COMPATIBLE MOUNT ADAPTERS
RED tested the following adapters and determined that they are compatible with the camera:
- Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
- Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Variable ND Filter / Clear Filter / Circular Polarizer
1. Remove the mount cap from the camera.
2. Remove the mount cap from the mount end of the lens.
3. Align the red dots and insert the lens in the camera.
4. Turn the lens clockwise until it clicks in place.
5. Tighten the locking ring gently.
6. Store the mount caps.
1. Loosen the locking ring gently.
2. Press and hold the lens release button on the camera. While holding the lens release button, turn the lens counterclockwise until it stops and remove it from the camera.
3. Align the red dot on the camera mount cap with the red dot on the camera and attach the mount cap to the camera.
4. Turn the camera mount cap clockwise until it clicks in place.
5. Align the red dot on the lens mount cap with the red dot on the lens and attach the mount cap to the lens.
6. Turn the lens mount cap clockwise until it clicks in place.
7. Store the lens with the caps attached to both ends.
NOTE: Select RF lenses may not display their maximum or minimum aperture value in-camera, however, they are physically achieving the full aperture range.
1. f/2.8 displays as f/2.9
2. f/2.8 displays as f/2.9
3. f/4.0 displays as f/4.2
4. f/4.0 displays as f/4.1
5. f/4.5 displays as f/4.6
6. f/11.0 displays as f/11.3