As of KOMODO Version 1.5 the camera can generate an FTPS (File Transfer Protocol Secure) network via WiFi or through use of the LINK ADAPTOR with a USB-C to Ethernet adapter.
This article will detail how to configure for both WiFi & Ethernet access.
NOTE: File transfer speeds may vary depending on the strength of the signal (when using WiFi) & amount of network activity. For reliable data-transfer use a hard-wired connection.
NOTE: When setting up FTP ensure to use FTP/FTPS and not SFTP as these are different protocols.
NOTE: For security reasons, FTPS access information is only viewable on the actual camera.
- Connect your camera to the network with the desired connection method (Ad-Hoc, Infrastructure or hard-wired) & verify the connection. This confirmation will be displayed as an IP address in the WiFi or Link Adaptor settings.
- Navigate to Menu > Communication > FTPS.
- Take note of the username & password. You can also regenerate/set a new password.
- In your FTP software of choice navigate to where you can add a new connection or ‘site’ & assign the following settings:
- Protocol: FTP or FTPS
- Host: [IP ADDRESS OF THE CAMERA]
- Port: 21
- Encryption: TLS/SSL Explicit encryption
- User: [USERNAME IN FTPS MENU SETTINGS]
- Password: [PASSWORD IN FTPS MENU SETTINGS]
- Logon Type: Normal
When uploading files to the camera ensure to use the ‘upload’ folder & then the desired sub-directory of luts, cdls, presets or upgrade. Media cannot be uploaded to the camera.
The data rate of the FTPS transfer with encryption maxes out at roughly Gigabit ethernet speeds.
Estimated download time for a full 256GB is ~47 minutes when using a wired connection.
FileZilla Quick Set-Up
- Open the FileZilla application & navigate to the quick bar at the top of the application.
- Input the Host (IP Address as indicated within the KOMODO WiFi or Link Adaptor menus), Username (As per KOMODO FTPS menu), Password (As per KOMODO FTPS menu) & Port (21).
- Press ‘Quickconnect’ and then accept the certificate pop-up.
- The connection should now be established to the camera. This will be indicated by a ‘successful’ status message appearing in the log & the files from the KOMODO appearing in the remote site section of the application. You can now Upload & Download files.