RED has you covered. In the rare instance that your in-warranty camera fails or has an operational issue, RED is ready to send you an immediate Certified Replacement to ensure you're back on set right away.
The following camera models are eligible for this program:
- DSMC2 MONSTRO 8K VV
- DSMC2 HELIUM 8K S35
- DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35
- DSMC2 DRAGON-X 6K S35
- RED RANGER MONSTRO 8K VV
- RED RANGER HELIUM 8K S35
- RED RANGER GEMINI 5K S35
How to Claim
Simply contact RED Technical Support here or by calling your local office:
- US: +1-949-206-7900 or UK: +44 (1753) 386585
- If, through trouble shooting, the Technical Support team determines that your camera is in need of repair, we will provide a Service Order (SOR) number AND return shipping label to return your product to RED via expedited service. Upon receipt of the SOR, RED will immediately ship a replacement camera via expedited service.
- Customers will need to provide a valid credit card. If the damages on the returned camera are not warranty eligible, the repair charges will be billed to the credit card provided on on the default card on your red.com account. If the customer unable to unwilling to provide a credit card, we will be unable to offer a replacement and will proceed with a repair request.
If RED does not have a replacement available, or you would like to keep your original camera/serial number, simply return the malfunctioning camera to RED for repair. Turnaround time to repair cameras typically takes up to 10 business days. RED will cover the expedited shipping both ways for warranty repair requests.
Q: Where is the RED RAPID REPLACEMENT available?
A: This program is available in the United States, through RED HQ as well as in the UK and EU via our RED Europe branch office. If you are located outside of the United States, UK, or EU, your may participate - understanding that you will be responsible for the export/import procedures related to receiving a replacement camera. Please contact an experienced Customs broker for your country's specific requirements and restrictions, as RED will NOT be liable for duties, taxes, and/or Customs entries.
- RED has determined that the following countries are able to participate in this program (with the customer still responsible for following proper export/import procedures):
- New Zealand
Q: What conditions are not covered?
A: The RED RAPID REPLACEMENT program does not cover the following types of damage and the customer will be responsible for associated repairs:
- Cameras with physical damage, water damage, or modifications not covered under warranty
- Shipping damage due to improper packaging
- Customer-caused failures including sensor damage
- Any other cause that does not relate to the material or workmanship of the camera
Q: What do I do with my accessories when returning a camera?
A: Please keep all accessories with you and do not include them with the returned camera
Q: Is the replacement camera brand new?
A: Cameras in our replacement program have been hand-picked to be factory refurbished. They have light usage up to 300 hours with minor cosmetic blemishes. They have passed the same rigorous testing as new cameras coming off the production line.
Q: What is the warranty of the replacement camera?
A: The replacement camera will carry the remaining warranty contact of the original camera or 90 days, whichever date is later.
Q: What if I need my original serial number?
A: If the same serial number is required, you will need to proceed with the standard repair process.