G-Technology ev Series RED MINI-MAG Reader will not mount media.
One possibility is a bad USB cable.
- Try using a separate cable to see if the issue persists.
- Connect the reader directly to the computer via the USB cable and remove any intermediary dongles.
Check and make sure the LED status light on the front is illuminated.
If using a Mac, make sure that the reader is being recognized by the system by navigating to: About This Mac > System Report > Hardware > USB
- Let the media sit in the reader for 5 minutes.
- If the media is still not being recognized by the computer, remove the media and try mounting it again.
- Let the media sit in the reader for 5 minutes on the second attempt.
Contact G-Technology Support
If the media is still not mounting, please contact G-Technology directly for further assistance here.