If you are experiencing issues connecting your camera to a mobile application (such as foolcontrol) via WiFi, try the following:
- Ensure that the camera is running the latest firmware.
- Ensure that the app is up-to-date.
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to your camera (check the device settings).
- Ensure that WiFi is enabled in your camera.
- Ensure that you are using a DSMC2 camera (previous RED cameras do not support WiFi).
- If your mobile device is set up to automatically join another network, disable that setting.
- Select an alternate WiFi channel in the camera.
- Remove any accessories from the camera that may interfere with the wireless connection (the WiFi antenna is located at the top of the camera, in front of the fans).
- Remove any accessories from the mobile device (including protective covers) that may interfere with the wireless connection.
- Check if there are any other wireless devices (ex: wireless monitors) in the area that could interfere with the connection. Disable WiFi on those devices, if possible.
- On your mobile device, disable Cellular Data.
- On your mobile device, enable Airplane Mode and WiFi.
- Move the mobile device and camera closer to each other.
- Ensure that your mobile device is not in low power mode.
If the issue persists, contact RED Support.