Topics covered on this page:
- Is the RED BRICK compatible with EPIC/SCARLET?
- How long do RED batteries last? How long do they take to charge?
- What third-party batteries are compatible with the DSMC2 Base I/O V-Lock Expander?
Is the RED BRICK compatible with EPIC/SCARLET?
Yes. For more information, go to the DSMC Power Operation Guide.
How long do RED batteries last? How long do they take to charge?
|Battery||Run Time1||Charge Time1|
|REDVOLT®||30 minutes||90 minutes|
|REDVOLT XL®||90 minutes||120 minutes|
|REDVOLT-V™||35 minutes||110 minutes|
|RED BRICK®||120 minutes||190 minutes|
1. Times reflect approximate values for fully charged, new batteries shooting at 24 FPS at 4K. Approximate numbers are based on a standard configuration. Any attached modules or accessories that draw power from the camera's power source will affect these times.
For more information, go to the DSMC Power Operation Guide.
What third-party batteries are compatible with the DSMC2 Base I/O V-Lock Expander?
The following third-party batteries have been fit-tested by RED® and are mechanically compatible with the DSMC2™ Base I/O V-Lock Expander:
- Blueshape (All BV series)
- IDX (E-HL10DS and E-HL9)
- Sony (BP-FL75)
- Switronix (Hypercore series and XP-L90S)
WARNING: While third-party batteries may be mechanically compatible with the camera system, the manufacturer is responsible for the performance and stability of third-party options, not RED. Damage to the camera system or third-party devices caused by using third-party power options is not covered under warranty. The camera may be unable to determine and display the voltage or remaining battery capacity of third-party power options.