To replace the DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD hinge with the DSMC3 LCD Rigid Hinge, follow the steps below:
• The RMI module must be removed from the top of the camera prior to replacing the hinge.
• Read through the full instructions before starting.
• Ensure that you ground yourself before starting; this is an extra safeguard that protects your RMI components from static damage during the installation process. This can be done by wearing an anti-static wristband or by touching a safely grounded object or un-painted metal surface.
• Before adjusting the tilt of the monitor and Swivel Arm, ensure the Swivel Arm's clamp screw is loosened.
Required Tools and Materials:
• Replacement Rigid Hinge*
• M2x6 screws (x3)*
• M2x10 screws (x4)*
• Replacement Swivel Arm*
• Torx T6 Screwdriver*
• 3/16" Allen Key
*included with DSMC3 LCD Rigid Hinge Upgrade Pack
Step 1: Remove 3x M2x6 screws on front of RMI Base
- Locate the (3) M2 screws on the front of the RMI Base. Use an M2 driver to remove all three screws and store safely.
Step 2: Loosen 4x M2x10 screws on bottom of RMI Base
Locate the (4) M2x10 screws on the bottom of the RMI Base. Loosen the (4) screws by 2 full-revolution turns. Do not remove.
Step 3: Remove the old hinge
- With the (3) M2x6 screws removed, gently pull on the sides of the of the hinge at the indicated positions. When the hinge comes loose, rotate and lift the hinge off of the RMI. Be careful to not damage the RMI connector.
Step 4: Attach the new hinge
DO NOT over-tighten the screws while attaching the new hinge.
DO NOT reuse the original screws
- To attach the new hinge, locate the teeth above the RMI connector on the assembly. Also locate the notches inside the replacement hinge.
- Place the hinge over top of the teeth so they mate up with the notches inside of the replacement hinge.
Lower the hinge down. The hinge should rest in place. Make sure it is not snagging or caught on any components inside of the assembly.
- Loosely install the (3) new M2x6 screws. Before tightening, ensure hinge is aligned correctly. Once all screws are in place, fully tighten each screw.
Step 5: Replace 4x M2x10 screws on bottom of RMI Base
DO NOT over-tighten the screws
DO NOT reuse the original screws
Remove (1) of the (4) M2x10 screws from the bottom of the RMI Base. Replace with a new M2x10 screw and fully tighten. Repeat this process for the remaining (3) M2x10 screws.
Step 6: Replace Swivel Arm
- Locate the arm mount screw on the bottom of the monitor. Use the 3/16" Allen Key included with the DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD to loosen by turning counter-clockwise.
- The arm will turn for a half turn then stop. Apply pressure while turning counter-clockwise to break loose. Continue to loosen until the arm can be removed.
- Locate the 3 prongs on the replacement arm. Make sure they are matched correctly with the corresponding holes on the monitor.
- Hand tighten the arm mount screw, then use the 3/16" Allen Key to or use a thin Allen Key to pass through the horizontal holes to tighten. The arm will rotate with the screw and then stop when fully tightened.
- Rotate the arm back 180°
- Loosen the thumb screw and insert the RMI as shown. Tighten the thumb screw to secure the Swivel Arm to the RMI base.
NOTE: Before adjusting the tilt of the monitor and Swivel Arm, ensure the Swivel Arm's clamp screw is loosened.