The RED RF to PL Adapter is shimmed in the factory to 32mm. To shim a RED RF to PL Adapter, use a DENZ® Flange Depth Controller (FDC), or similar tool, to measure the Flange Focal Distance (FFD).
The following shims are provided with each RED RF to PL Adapter Pack:
NOTE: Shims can be identified by the number of holes punched into the shim.
REQUIRED TOOL(S): T6 TORX screwdriver, DENZ FDC (or similar tool), LOCTITE® 222
- Turn off the camera.
- Use a T6 TORX driver to remove the eight (8) screws on the lock ring assembly from the PL base.
- Remove the lock ring assembly.
- Add or remove the correct amount of provided shims measured with the DENZ FDC to the lock ring assembly. Add the thinnest shims first, and then add the thicker ones, so that the thicker shims hold the thinner shims in place.
- Place the lock ring assembly back onto the PL base.
- Place a small amount of LOCTITE 222 on each of the eight (8) leading threads.
- Replace and loosely tighten the eight (8) M2x6 mm screws in a cross pattern ("X" pattern) using a T6 TORX driver.
WARNING: DO NOT FULLY TIGHTEN
- Tighten the eight (8) screws evenly in a cross pattern ("X" pattern) using a T6 TORX driver to 30 in-oz, or damage may occur.
WARNING: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN
Article is closed for comments.