NOTE: The RED MINI-MAG 960GB V3 requires that your camera is on firmware v6.3.75 or later.
The RED MINI-MAG 960GB V3 is eligible for an upgrade that optimizes and updates the SSD. To identify if your RED MINI-MAG 960GB is V3 (and therefore eligible for the upgrade), follow the instructions below:
- Insert the RED MINI-MAG into the camera.
- Go to Menu > Media > Device > More Info..., and identify the Model Number. If the SSD model number is "RED 960GB V3", then the SSD is eligible for the firmware upgrade.
Upgrade RED MINI-MAG 960GB Firmware
NOTE: Offload any data from the RED MINI-MAG (SSD) before you upgrade it.
- Insert the RED MINI-MAG (SSD) into the camera.
- Format the SSD.
- Properly eject the SSD from the camera.
- Connect the SSD to your computer.
- Download the RED MINI-MAG 960GB V3 firmware (Version 3.01.0, 5/14/2019) here.
- Unzip the firmware upgrade file.
- Copy the .rmf file to the top level of the SSD directory.
- Eject or unmount the SSD, and then remove the SSD.
- Insert the SSD with .rmf file into your camera.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Maintenance > Upgrade > Media.
- Select Yes and verify that the upgrade completes.
- Remove the SSD from the camera when prompted by the on-screen instructions.
- Re-insert the SSD into the camera.
- Go to Menu > Media > Device > More Info..., and verify that the Media Firmware Revision is 0301-000.
- Format the RED MINI-MAG before use.